Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Summer has come and is not allowed to go just yet.

Did everyone else have ten thousand things they planned to accomplish this summer too? And here it is, August, and I haven't made much headway. Summer used to feel longer and full of more free time, at least when I was growing up. Mostly it has been crammed with the duties of everyday life and parenting (which means wanting to make sure my daughter is having a great summer). Her legs have grown exponentially longer since school let out and she's enjoying her friends.




 There's been some art-making.


 Starry Night, Boreal Forest (2012
Handwoven copper with patina, embroidery, dapping and encaustic.


 This is my very newest study. I'm liking it so far. 



Empty Movement (2012)
Hanwoven copper with patina, embroidery and shellac.

No comments: